Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week's pick doesn't come out until May of 2013! But it looks amazing!

Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Release Date: May 7th
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Sing and the darkness will find you.

Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong.

Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived.

In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive?

Beguiling and lyrical, dangerous and romantic, Chantress will capture readers in a spell they won’t want to break.

What titles are you waiting on this week?

Happy Reading!!!


17 comments:

  1. I love how this book sounds, and I can't forget about the amazing cover. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around a few times lately and I may get it if for no other reason than that awesome cover. Great pick! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this one. Sounds great!

    Lovely cover!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cover and tagline. Never heard of it before, but I like the idea for this book. Great pick!

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing, I've added to my TBR list.
    Great pick.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks enchanting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, this one sounds great. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds pretty interesting. Love that cover too!


    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds great! Thanks for the heads up or I would have missed it.

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower here. Love the cover and this read sounds so good. Feel feel to check out my WoW...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be honest i havent heard this one so thank you for adding it :)

    Here is mine


    Maria



    ReplyDelete
  12. A great cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already have this one on my to-read list and I would really love to read it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want this one soooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Great pick :D

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh..I hadn't heard of this one..adding it to my WL! Thanks!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup I hope I get approved for the arc.

    ReplyDelete