Saturday, October 6, 2012

Re-read Challenge Updates!


I'm participating in the Re-read event of Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins, and o my God, it's even better the FOURTH time around haha. I seriously cannot get enough of this book or of Kaidan *sigh* ultimate bad boy!

The first few chapters of Sweet Evil really set up the tension between Anna and Kai, Anna's just trying to get a grasp on her heritage and all it entails. It doesn't help that Kai seems to challenge her at every encounter. I love the scene that introduces both us and Anna, to Kai's demon father. We begin to understand why Kai's so hot and cold with Anna and it's so sexy how he protects her from his father, we're starting to see his good side come through, if only a little. 

My favourite teaser:

In a few easy strides he closed the distance between us and was in front of me, very close, with his head cocked to the side. I seemed to amuse him, for some reason. But then his face went cruel, and his empty hand rested against the wall above my shoulder. Our faces were inches apart. His eyes held me frozen in place. I was very aware of the knife at his side, held in his other hand. Coming here had been a massive mistake.
Sweet Evil, p.91

Intense, right?

Can't wait to continue on the chapter 10!!! Road trip here we come! haha



I'm on chapter 7 right now, on my re-read of Matched, so I'm a little behind, but I have no fear I'm sure I will prevail haha! 

How is your re-reading coming along???



No comments:

Post a Comment