Monday, January 9, 2012

ARC Review: Perception by Kim Harrington

Perception (Book #2 in the Clarity series) by Kim Harrington
Release date: March 1st/12
Source: ARC Swap with another Blogger (Thanks Jen! :))
Publisher: Scholastic/Point

Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you? 

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past. 

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her. 

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back? 

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.


My Thoughts:


PLEASE NOTE: This is a sequel to Harrington's first book, Clarity so if you have not read the first book this review may contain some spoilers BE WARNED :)


Perception starts out at the beginning of school year, this was nice because we got to see the social (or lack of) interaction, Clarity spends with her peers. I love Clarity she is without a doubt Veronica Mars' kick ass cousin haha. She's different (special) than those around her and while being different can get lonely, she refuses to take any crap from "popular" kids at school. She's sarcastic and knows who she is and I love her for it.


Another great thing about Harrington's sequel is the fact that there are two mysterious going on in this plot.  A student has gone missing and everyone is a suspect. But the more intriguing mystery of the story is Clare's anonymous admirer, who seems to be showing up where ever she goes. Could it be her relentless ex Justin or the exciting new kid on the block Gabriel? You'll have to read to find out :)


Speaking of these two gorgeous boys, the love triangle of this series is one of my favourites. Both boys aren't holding back in their attempts to win Clare's affections, and ultimately in the end she does make her choice, although I'm not sure I'm too happy about- I won't tell which boy I love more as to avoid spoiling the fun for you guys hehe.


My only complaint about Harrington's books are that they are too damn short. Seriously this book doesn't even reach 300 pages. I could sit and read about Clare and her world forever, but now I must wait another year until I can continue this story :( Don't know how I'll manage it haha.


If you like a light, clean read with a sassy heroine and two kick ass heros, than definitely check out this series. It's a must for all Veronica Mars fans!


I've decided to add a little something special with each of my reviews, and below is one of my favourite passages from Perception


Enjoy!!!



  He kissed me warily at first, and then - when I didn't pull away - hungrily, like a kiss he'd been storing up for weeks. Warmth radiated out from my lips, down my neck, and through my entire body like a spreading fire.
  My mind was unsure, but my body wasn't. I didn't want our kissing to end. Ever. It felt too good.
Perception, p. 162

and since I forgot to add my favourite passage on Friday's post, here's a little something special from The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison

 Our bodies press into each other, our heartbeats touch. He kisses my forehead; my scar; my nose; lips, chin, neck- nuzzling in, scruffy, his tongue running over my teeth, his breath against my skin- my belly; my chest; my thick, dark now- wild hair.
"God Lo," he mutters softly. He runs his hands up and down my legs.
The Butterfly Clues, p. 222

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment