Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Registry by Shannon Stoker


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

I first came upon this title, while perusing Edelweiss. After reading the synopsis for The Registry, I knew it's going to be a fan favourite, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Title's linked to Goodreads page!

It's a brave new world in America-a world where young women are breeders, and the prettiest go to the highest bidders-in this debut New Adult series for fans of Divergent and Beautiful Disaster
(This pull quote derives from Edelweiss)

by: Shannon Stoker
Release Date:  June 2013
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
The Registry saved the country from collapse. But stability has come at a price. In this patriotic new America, girls are raised to be brides, sold at auction to the highest bidder. Boys are raised to be soldiers, trained by the state to fight to their death.

Nearly eighteen, beautiful Mia Morrissey excitedly awaits the beginning of her auction year. But a warning from her married older sister raises dangerous thoughts. Now, instead of going up on the block, Mia is going to escape to Mexico—and the promise of freedom.

All Mia wants is to control her own destiny—a brave and daring choice that will transform her into an enemy of the state, pursued by powerful government agents, ruthless bounty hunters, and a cunning man determined to own her . . . a man who will stop at nothing to get her back.



10 comments:

  1. Oh yikes brides sold in auction!!! Sounds like a crazy dystopian! I wonder if Mia will make it to Mexico and what guy wants her so bad that he chases after her? Why? Sounds exciting!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I really like the sound of it but this is the first time I hear of it. I'd love to read it! Great pick and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really great! Great pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting storyline, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book - but it sounds kind of neat! I love the name "Mia"! Names are extremely important to me when choosing what books to read. Great choice!

    MY WoW Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds really great! I need to add this to my TBR. :)
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addit

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice haul indeed. I hope you love everything. Jealous that you got the Elite, but am happy for u. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE REGISTRY is a very complicated book, which, while very good in some aspects, fell just sort of the mark in others. There's no disputing that the world presented by Stoker is a very interesting, and frightening, one. As many have done before her, Stoker took a very heated subject - sexism pertaining to women - and amplified the situation.

    regards,
    irene of Washington DC Divorce

    ReplyDelete