Monday, December 10, 2012

ARC/Indie Review: Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters

Bad Rep
by A. Meredith Walters
Release Date: December 21st/12.
Source: E-ARC from author
Bad Rep on Goodreads
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart?


Connect with Meredith:
Facebook
Goodreads

My Thoughts:
Another great New Adult title! Definitely a Kindle-Crack read!

I've been having the best luck lately with my reading, everything is just so good! But on to BAD REP or more precisely, the sexy Jordan Levitt. How sexy is that name, right? Just rolls off the tongue. Personally, I felt as though Jordan was too good to be true and I wanted to strangle Maysie's insecurities out of her. I'm not one for facial piercings but for Jordan I'm willing to make the exception :). He's kind, smart, popular, funny, romantic as all hell and HOT!!! I think I could take a Bad Rep to be with him, haha.

My only complaint about Jordan was his reluctance to end things with Olivia, Maysie's arch rival, or is she? You'll just have to read to find out!

I was conflicted with Maysie a bit in the beginning, but after reading the first few scenes between her and Jordan, I started to enjoy reading from her perspective and was rooting for her all the way to the end, which I was sad to see come. I think a lot of us can relate to Maysie in her need to be liked. She goes through quite a lot to be with Jordan and I felt really bad about the way others treated her without knowing the full story. Although I felt like this was very realistic of most Greek Sororities and Frat houses. Walters does a great job of penning her insecurities and it was always nice to see Jordan there to save the day.

I can't finish this review without mentioning the steam factor between these two. O Lordy was there steam! So many amazing quotes from Jordan that had me sighing, he really is the best boyfriend ever!

Fans of Thoughtless and Beautiful Disaster are sure to enjoy Walter's upcoming release. This was my first read of hers, but I can promise you it won't be my last!

Please say there'll be a book #2!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment