Friday, February 3, 2012

Indie Review: Existence by Abbi Glines

Existence (#1 in trilogy) by Abbi Glines
Release Date: Dec. 12th/12. (ebook)
Publisher: Wild Child Publishing
Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads:
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1)What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.
Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.


My Thoughts:


I freakin LOVED this book! Seriously I was up all night- I just had to finish it in one sitting.


Dank is an amazing character- you'll fall in love with him, just forgive the poor name choice. :) He's strong, sexy and mysterious. Best of all, he doesn't hide his feelings for Pagan from her- she is his "existence". 


Pagan, however, is a harder character to like and I say this because she's emotionally weak- I feel that she tended to fall apart a bit when things didn't quite go her way. Another thing I didn't like about this character, was the way she treated Leif. Seriously, talk about leading someone on, I really felt that Leif could do better.


Speaking of Leif- loved him! Where Dank is sexy and mysterious- Leif is charming and dependable. He adores Pagan and showers her with love and affection. He's the popular high school quarterback and completely gone over the outsider Pagan- Loved this! I'm all about the romantic cliches!


My favourite relationship of this book though, was the one shared between the two sidekicks, Wyatt and Miranda. These two are so funny and sweet and I would love it if Glines gave them their own story once she's done with her Existence trilogy.


One more thing I absolutely loved about this book, the ending, holy crap what an ending! I actually said those words out loud as I read the final line of the book. Total shocker and cliffhanger and now I need to read the next book in the series, Predestined, but it's not out until April and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wait.


I recommend this book to those who like a good, quick YA Paranormal Romance! Now I need to catch up on the sleep I missed haha :)


Happy Reading!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh YAY..I just downloaded this book last night on my Nook. I havent read any of Abbi Glines books but they all seem great so..Im glad to know it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're excited- you'll love it i promise and when you read the last line, you'll be dying to get your hands on Predestined! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Existence too...you are not kidding about the ending--I was totally shocked and went right back to Amazon to pick up the other two books. Your review touches on the two things that bothered me about this book:
    "Dank"? What was Abbi thinking?
    Also, I agree that Pagan was totally weak. Her heartbreak could've been portrayed without sticking her in a psychiatric home. It kind of made light of the situation since there were two different characters who were committed, but didn't belong there. I'm not sure what that says about mental illness and the mental health care industry.
    Anyway, I still became a full-on Abbi Glines fan...have added several more Glines books to my shelves since Existence :)

    ReplyDelete