Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ARC Review: Sacrifice by Laura Burns & Melinda Metz


Sacrifice by Laura Burns & Melinda Metz
Simon and Schuster
Galley From Publisher
Release Date: September 20th/11.

Synopsis curtesy of Goodreads:

Gabriel and Shay are convinced that they can make their relationship work. Knowing that Shay is half-vampire, Gabriel thinks that his coven will embrace her as one of their own, but instead they view her as an abomination, a thing that doesn’t belong in either world. And they want her dead. Now Gabriel must make the ultimate decision - watch his love be killed by his coven or defy the people closest to him, the people he has spent centuries with to save her

My Thoughts:

First off just need to say that this is  a SEQUEL so please be warned there MAY BE SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ CRAVE.

Secondly, I absolutely loved the show Roswell, and book series Roswell High growing up, with that said- let's get on with the review!

This is the sequel to Crave, and O my God, was it ever amazing! This book kept me up all night, I just couldn't put it down. I enjoyed Crave, but with the first book Shay and Gabriel spent a good 3/4 hating each other. The relationship is built and solid between these two in Sacrifice.

I should warn you though, a good portion of this book, Shay and Gabriel spend apart from each other (not of their own free will of course). The story picks up right where Crave left off. I fell in love with Gabriel while reading this book- his goal throughout the book "I've got to get to Shay"- the "Sacrifices" he's willing and does make to keep her safe left me swooning.

Also, we're given a HUGE piece of information that challenges the blossoming love these two share (I won't say anything else except it's HUGE :)).

The only complaint I have about this installment is that it ended! But the ending does give its audience closure, while leaving room for a third novel.

Thank you so much Burns and Metz! CanNOT wait for the next one!

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment