Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review Time!!!

Ok so I have been lacking in the review department and I am ashamed but I've been trying to figure out which book I want to review first and the winner is: Drumroll please

FIRELIGHT BY SOPHIE JORDAN!!!



About the Book:
Jacinda is a fire-breathing dragon, the only of her kind and therefore, very valuable to her pride, whom feels it is her duty to procreate with their alpha, Cassian in order to spawn many more fire-breathers. While Jacinda loves her pride, she doesn't care for Cassian in that way and flees with her mother and twin sister (both of whom are unable to shift) to get away from the tyranny of home.

New home, new school. Jacinda doesn't fit in like her twin sister at their new school. Nothing feels right and no one understands what she's going through. Well no one but Will, a dragon hunter. The closer these two get, the more danger they both fall into. Will love conquer all? You'll have to read to find out.

My Review:
This was by far my favourite YA novel of 2010. Why you ask- well I will tell you. First of all I am sucker for romance of any kind. If you know me, than you know I need some sort of romance in my reading and Jordan delivers this in abundance with Firelight.

What makes Firelight extra alluring is the forbidden element that's added between Jacinda and Will. These two characters have amazing chemistry. I have re-read Firelight more times than I can remember because of these two characters. However, while the romance between Will and Jacinda is prominent in Firelight, it doesn't dominate the entire plot. Jacinda has her own struggles to deal with. While her mom and sister excel in their new town, Jacinda doesn't feel that connection she felt with her pride. Jacinda is a strong leading character and meets her match with leading male, Will. Firelight has it all, drama, action and ROMANCE!!! Plus a stunning cover.

MY OFFICIAL RATING IS GGGGG 5/5

Be sure to look for the next book in the Firelight series, Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been dying to read Firelight, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete